Remember when you were a child and spent time confidently creating, wildly imagining, playfully enjoying nature, and moving your body just to have fun? As we grow older we seem to lose this, but what if we could bring it back? What if we could create space for kids and families to explore their inner child on a regular basis?
In this two day training, we will explore and discuss various techniques for teaching yoga to children, teens, families, and adults. This training will include:
- A deep dive into our personal inner child connection facilitated with lots of laughter and fun
- A private guided forest bathing session with Wasatch Forest Therapy (@wasatchforesttherapy)
- A second edition Wild Life Yoga manual complete with kids yoga guidelines, best practices, 6 hour-long nature inspired lesson plans, and over 100 activities, pose adaptations, breath exercises, partner
- Lessons on how to teach with the 7 different learning styles: visual, aural, verbal, physical, logical, social, and solitary
- Lessons on expanding creativity for both you and your students
- Methods for adapting poses and activities depending on classroom needs, ages, and class intentions
- Comprehensive tools for structuring your own youth yoga lessons including:
- Poses selection depending on age and ability
- Creative breath exercises
- Positive body awareness
- Natural and intuitive movement inspired by children and nature
- Storytelling through yoga and movement
- Facilitating connection through partner and group poses
- Adjusting the energy flow and activity lengths in a typical class
This training is perfect for anyone who teaches yoga, works with children and families in any capacity, or is looking to explore their inner child and help others do the same. Be a part of a movement that will change the lives of many, including yours. Sign up today!
*Yoga teachers can receive 18 Continuing Education credit hours through the Yoga Alliance!