moroccoyoga & adventure
november 6-13, 2021
welcome to your most exoticly zen north african adventure!
The colors, the sounds, the spices, and the vibrancy of Morocco are at your doorstep — and we’ve taken care of every little detail so you can adventure and experience in a carefree, zero-stress way. Everything has already been arranged: all meals, adventures, lodging, and transportation — up to the moment you board your plane to return home at the end of the week!
I cannot wait to show you why Morocco is one of my favorite places in the world. Get ready to soak up the flavors, landscapes, and excitement of a culture that is so different from our own — all while the smiles of this most amazing people remind us all of our shared humanity.
Activities & Excursions
- daily yoga and meditation
- day trip to Marrakech, including tours of mosques, the city, and time to shop!
- yoga lecture and discussion
- day trip to the coastal town of Essouria
- day trip to the Agafay desert for lunch in a Bedouin camp and camel riding
- time for lounging, hammam spa, henna tattoos, and reading/journaling
the retreat center
- Bab Zouina, or “beautiful door” in Moroccan Arabic, will be our home during our Morocco: Yoga & Adventure Retreat. Bab Zouina is the most delightful retreat center located about 45 minutes outside Marrakech, Morocco, in Northern Africa. At the entrance to the Atlas Mountains, Bab Zouina is like living in an enormous, eclectic garden of fruit trees and cacti and flowering vines, with big stone buildings full of rich colors of hand woven cushions and copper lantern lights.
- Moroccan Arabic design is known for its extremely plain exteriors: most homes are completely solid on the outside — no windows or balconies etc. Yet nearly every home in Morocco uses exquisite, horseshoe arched doorways to mark entrance to something beautiful — and Bab Zouina is no exception!
- Bab Zouina has multiple separate houses with both private and shared acoommodations, as well as a pool, tennis court, yoga shala, and traditional Moroccan hammam spa
☐ swimming suits
☐ shoes/sandals that are great for walking
☐ comfy travel clothes
☐ day bag/backpack
☐ water bottle
☐ light jacket
☐ type F plug adapter
☐ passport (valid at least 6 months beyond the date exiting the US)
☐ scarf to cover shoulders at the temples
☐ yoga clothes
make sure to have any medicine you need! and anything else that could help make your travels more enjoyable. add a travel notice to your credit card so you can withdraw cash at an ATM in town for extra snacks, souvenirs, or drinks.
- gorgeous traditional Moroccan accommodations
- transportation to & from the airport
- all delicious & fresh Moroccan meals
- daily excursions & yoga, including: a trip to Marrakech for exploring and shopping, camel riding in the Agafay Desert, and wandering the streets of the coastal town of Essouria
- You’ll need to purchase round-trip tickets from the airport of your choice to Marrakech, Morocco (RAK) that arrives by early afternoon on Saturday, November 6.
- Return Date: please select your return flight for Saturday, November 13, preferably sometime after 11am
- When you arrive in Marrakech on November 6, a driver with your name on a sign will be waiting outside the airport for you to take you on a beautiful 45 hour drive to our retreat center, which is outside Marrakech
- We will gather your flight information as soon as you have it, to arrange drivers etc
- To enter Morocco, US Citizens must have proof of full vaccination, OR a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure
- A negative test is also required upon re-entry into the United States – we will arrange this for you
Reminiscent of an Indiana Jones movie, Morocco was full of adventures, enchanting locations, sumptuous food, and a complete immersion into the lives of the Moroccan people. I will never forget tandoori beef with apricots followed by a camel ride through the desert, or the sights, sounds, and smells of the Marrakech Market, or the ocean spray on the wind while standing atop an ancient fortress wall in a city that now welcomes all in peace. We loved yoga while on a rooftop, embracing the sunshine within an oasis of relaxation and luxury, surrounded by an orchard of olive trees. We can’t wait to go back.
Brittany’s Moroccan dream retreat surprised me in all the best ways possible. Getting to go on a vacation AND do yoga with an amazing group was magical! I will never forget this experience, and will forever cherish the moments I got to spend there.
My time in Morocco with Brittany was absolutely incredible. Everything was so well planned out but not overly busy and we had the perfect balance of excursions and free time. I loved the accommodations and atmosphere and I didn’t have to worry about any logistics. It was a great environment for learning and yoga and fun. Everyone was amazing and it was such a comfortable and accepting environment. I can’t wait for the next one!