The world of a child is pure magic! We can savor this magic as we interact with children by encouraging play, connection with nature, empathy, self-love, increased self-esteem, positivity, and emotional awareness.
Join Jessica Schirmer in an intensive three day training for how to tap into your inner child and teach youth and family yoga from the heart.
Jessica has spent the last eight years teaching kids and family yoga and has developed a comprehensive nature-based curriculum for teaching yoga to kids and families.
This training is perfect for you if:
- You are someone who works with kids and families and would like to bring more body awareness, nature and movement into your work
- You want to explore this as a parent or caregiver to learn more screen-free and connective activities to do with your littles
- You’re a yoga teacher looking to expand your scope of teaching to include kids and families (plus it opens more doors for getting teaching gigs!)
- You’re someone looking to tap into your inner child through nature, yoga, and connection
In this three day training we will learn basic techniques of teaching yoga for children, teens, families and inner child reconnection.
The training will include:
- A deep dive into your personal inner child through lots of laughter, play and fun, as well as guided visualizations and prompts.
- Guided group exploration time in nature to connect creatively with the natural environment. (think of a forest school class for adults)
Tools to help you in your personal teaching journey:
- A third edition Wild Life Yoga manual complete with 30 hour-long-nature-based lesson plans, with 100’s of activities, pose adaptations, breath exercises, partner poses and more!
- A Wild Life Yoga family partner pose deck with 52 cards.
- And more surprise goodies!
Tools and philosophies of teaching:
- How to teach with the 7 different learning styles: visual, aural, verbal, physical, logical, social, and solitary
- Methods for adapting poses and activities depending on classroom needs, ages, and class intentions
Comprehensive tools for structuring your own youth yoga lessons including:
- Poses relative to age and ability
- Creative breath exercises
- Positive body awareness
- Natural and intuitive movement inspired by children and nature
- Creating impactful stories illustrated by yoga poses
- Facilitating connection through partner and group poses
- Adjusting the energy flow and activity lengths in a typical class
The intensive will be held at The Yoga Underground in Utah from June 9th-11th from 10am-4pm with a lunch break each day.*
(*Part of this training will include several hours at Big Springs park in Provo canyon.)
This training will be three days filled with lots of fun, presence, and playfulness. You’ll not only come away with a clear direction to start teaching your own kids yoga classes, but you will have spent time playing with and honoring your inner child. We hope to see you there!