this event is sold out!
are you ready for the luxury yoga retreat of your lifetime?
Join us to reconnect, unwind, play & adventure in Bali: the perfect tropical spiritual paradise for the wandering soul. With our own luxury private oceanfront villa as our home base, we’ll take care of your every need so that you can experience and heal in the most stress-free, magical way!
Party with us on the black sand beaches of Bali’s remote northern coast, where we’ll create the perfect balance between rest and play, giving you the chance to heal, recharge, and find that vital union within yourself in a truly unique way. Everything has already been arranged: all meals, adventures, lodging, and transportation — from the moment you land, to the moment you board your plane to return home at the end of the week! I can’t wait to build community with the most fabulous humans from all over this magical world, and show you why Bali is so special to me!
Bali is the perfect destination to experience both a spiritual oasis as well as adventure, play, and rest. Situated on the remote northern coast of Bali, our luxury oceanfront villas will are the perfect jumping off point for whatever kind of refuge you need: enjoy Balinese massage and spa treatments, lounge by the pool, or find a quiet spot by the beach for meditation. Breathtaking adventures among lush waterfall-filled jungles, snorkeling with colorful tropical fish, and learning from a local medicine man will help give your experience a richness — all without having to lift a finger or plan out any details on your own! Let us take care of all the stresses of planning an international luxury adventure so you can sit back & take it all in, allowing your heart to sing and your mind to expand with healing, new perspectives, and beauty.
your retreat leader
Hi, I’m Brittany! I’ve been teaching yoga since 2008 and opened The Yoga Underground in 2010. I love the way that traveling gives me the opportunity to practice my yoga off the mat, as it forces me to expand my perspective and see things (and myself) in a new and different way. Traveling has also been incredibly empowering to me; each time I navigate a new airport in a new country, the world opens up to me a little more and I feel so alive! Leading retreats all over the world has become one of my favorite things to do, as I love watching retreaters’ minds open as they experience things for the first time. I’d be honored for you to trust me enough to show you some of my favorite hidden gems across the world! And let me just tell you — Bali is one of them. Bali is so special to me, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
Activities & Excursions
Throughout the week, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities and adventures, designed to tickle all of your fancies — reconnect with your inner child as you allow yourself to explore and experience things for the first time, all in a safe and supportive group of like-minded humans. Cultivate that sense of childlike wonder as we:
- take the time to pamper ourselves, lounge by the pool, heal and connect
- play in the ocean and explore the rice fields
- learn about culture and Balinese spirituality from a local medicine man
- reconnect with ourselves through daily yoga and meditation
- take the time for massages and luxurious body treatments
- wander in the jungle and hike to waterfalls
- explore the rainbow of underwater fish on a private snorkeling trip to a nearby island
classes & workshops
Villa Samora has a gorgeous yoga shala, equipped with all their own mats and props (but feel free to bring your own if you’d like!) Yoga will be offered each morning, in addition to workshops and meditations spread throughout the week. (If you attend all the yoga offered, you can pass off all your YA continuing ed credits needed for the next three years, if that’s your jam!) But just remember that everything is optional — you are free to attend as much or as little as you’d like. This retreat is for you to reconnect with yourself and honor what your body, mind, and spirit are craving — whether that means sleeping in, or getting up early to meditate by the ocean. We are here to provide that supportive, healing space for you, and we want you to honor yourself and your needs.
the retreat center
Villa Buddha & Villa Samora are luxury oceanfront villas on the black sand beaches of Bali’s northern coast. The location is remote, safe, and quiet, while still affording easy access to incredible jungle/waterfall hikes, cultural experiences, and snorkeling.
Each villa has a gorgeous pool amongst perfectly manicured gardens. The villas have adequate room to spread out and heal in solitude, while also boasting beautiful areas to eat together and gather as a retreat community.
The second floor yoga shala overlooks the ocean, and there is plenty of room for luxurious spa and body treatments, massages, and facials. These villas have just the most generous, amazing staff that will take care of all of your cooking, cleaning, driving and arranging — so all that is left to do is adventure your little heart out!
☐ bug spray
☐ swimming suits
☐ yoga clothes
☐ shoes/sandals that can get wet
☐ comfy travel clothes
☐ day bag/backpack
☐ water bottle
☐ light jacket
☐ type C or F plug adapter
☐ passport (valid at least 6 months beyond the date exiting the US)
☐ scarf to cover shoulders at the temples
☐ towel or sarong for the beach
make sure to have any medicine you need! and anything else that could help make your travels more enjoyable. add a travel notice to your credit card so you can withdraw cash at an ATM in town for extra snacks, souvenirs, or drinks. bali doesn’t require US citizens to have a visa if you’re traveling within Indonesia for less than 30 days, but you will be required to fill out a VOA when you land (visa on arrival) that costs $35.
At The Yoga Underground, we are committed to expanding your perspective by showing you the world – the real yoga takes place outside the walls of the studio. When you travel with us, we will take care of every little detail so all you have to do is show up & adventure your little heart out! There is truly so much magic to experience, and we are here to lead the way.
literally everything but your flight — we have taken care of it all!
- luxury balinese villa accommodations
- transportation to & from the airport
- transportation to all adventures
- all delicious & fresh organic meals
- daily yoga & meditation
- all excursions including: exploring balinese rice fields with a local medicine man, hiking to waterfalls and lunch in the jungle, private snorkeling tour
- You’ll need to purchase round-trip tickets from the airport of your choice to Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar (DPS) to arrive by middday Saturday, October 7
- Return Date: please select your return flight for Saturday, October 14, preferably sometime after 11am. (I strongly recommend leaving as late as possible on October 14, so you can spend the day wandering the wonderful town of Ubud! I will gladly help you arrange this with the driver.)
- When you arrive in Denpasar on October 7, a driver holding a sign with your name will be waiting outside the airport for you to take you on a beautiful drive 2.5 hour drive to our villa
- We will gather your flight information as soon as you have it, to arrange drivers etc
- To enter Indonesia, US Citizens must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after entry, and present a covid vaccination card (print or digital)
$2,999.00 – $5,250.00
no refunds will be made after August 1, 2023
everything must be paid in full by October 1, 2023
limited financial aid available
the yoga underground leads the most stress-free, life-changing, adventure-filled retreats all over the world. we seek novelty in color, flavor, eudaimonia and design, all to develop new perspectives and enhance our shared human experience. read what our retreaters have to say!