sicily goddess retreat!adventure & yoga
May 13-20, 2023
this is the ultimate luxury yoga & adventure experience!
rediscover your joie de vivre.
Hey Goddesses! Are you ready to treat yo’self to the Italian yoga & wellness retreat of a lifetime? Join me in Sicily (an island off the coast of Southern Italy) to recharge, play, and experience. There will be yoga, meditation, amazing home cooked Italian meals, and so much adventure! I have developed my retreats to be full of experiences that leave you feeling empowered, excited, and in love with your life — and this one is no exception.
Every little detail has been carefully designed to provide you with a life-changing week of aha! moments, connections, and leveling up — all while lounging in luxury in the gorgeous Sicilian countryside. All you need to do is say yes, and you’ll be picked up at the airport by a cute Italian holding a sign with your name on it, to be driven off to our 19th century Sicilian farmhouse, La Masseria. La Masseria is situated in the luscious natural landscape of southeastern Sicily surrounded by 80 acres of farm and the breathtaking Mediterranean Sea.
Here, surrounded by fellow badass women, we will build connections and community to create the loving cohesion necessary to be catapulted into growth in a group setting. I can’t wait to learn, grow, and adventure with you!
Our week will consist of a carefully curated choose-your-own-adventure schedule that blends yoga, mindfulness, and meditation, with exploring the Sicilian countryside, walking narrow cobblestone streets of medieval towns, splashing in the turquoise Mediterranean, and wine tasting under the stars. We’ll be offering workshops to explore and develop mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally — and you get to choose what workshops you attend/what you’d like to focus on! Every detail has been designed to create an atmosphere of support and excitement to alchemize your aha! moments into tangible and practical steps you can take toward a life of more healing and self-love.
After signing up, you’ll receive an email with a questionnaire to fill out so we can gauge your interests and design an incredibly customized retreat full of growth, breakthroughs, and love — all under the kiss of the glistening Sicilian sun.
your retreat leader
Hi, I’m Brittany! I’ve been teaching yoga since 2008 and opened The Yoga Underground in 2010. I love the way that traveling gives me the opportunity to practice my yoga off the mat, as it forces me to expand my perspective and see things (and myself) in a new and different way. Traveling has also been incredibly empowering to me; each time I navigate a new airport in a new country, the world opens up to me a little more and I feel so alive! Leading retreats all over the world has become one of my favorite things to do, as I love watching retreaters’ minds open as they experience things for the first time. I’d be honored for you to trust me enough to show you some of my favorite hidden gems across the world! And let me just tell you — Sicily is one of them.
Activities & Excursions
Throughout the week, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities and adventures, designed to tickle all of your fancies — reconnect with your inner child as you allow yourself to explore and experience things for the first time, all in a safe and supportive group of like-minded women. Cultivate that sense of childlike wonder as we:
- wander the narrow, cobblestone streets of the amazingly picturesque
- experience wine tasting under the stars (with wine from a local vineyard)
- lounge with coffee on the coast in the ancient Arabic port city of Marzememi
- enjoy trips to different beaches to catch some sun, splash and swim in the turquoise Mediterranean
- soak up some culture on a day trip to the island of Ortigia for world-class gelato, wine, and pasta (psst there’s also a medieval castle here!)
- relish in dolce far niente – or the sweetness of doing nothing — an Italian phrase describing a relaxed, carefree idleness; to be without hurry
classes & workshops
La Masseria has a gorgeous yoga shala, equipped with all their own high-quality mats and props (but feel free to bring your own if you’d like!). Yoga will be offered each morning, in addition to workshops and meditations spread throughout the week. (If you attend all the yoga offered, you can pass off all your YA continuing ed credits needed for the next three years, if that’s your jam!) But just remember that everything is optional! You are free to attend as much or as little as you’d like — this retreat is for you to reconnect with yourself and honor what your body, mind, and spirit are craving — whether that means sleeping in, or getting up early to meditate!
the retreat center
La Masseria is a beautiful restored farmhouse from the 1800s, set in amongst olive and almond groves, just 15 minutes south from the unspoilt World Heritage town of Noto – one of Italy’s most beautiful historical centres.
A 15-minute drive east is the Nature Reserve of Vendicari, a haven of wildlife and some of the island’s most beautiful and deserted golden-sand beaches.
La Masseria has gorgeous private and semi-private rooms that surround an open courtyard of flowers. The yoga shala is spacious, and just a short path away from the magical pool overlooking the orchards.
At The Yoga Underground, we are committed to expanding your perspective by showing you the world – the real yoga takes place outside the walls of the studio. When you travel with us, we will take care of every little detail so all you have to do is show up & adventure your little heart out! There is truly so much magic to experience, and we are here to lead the way.
literally everything but your flight — we have taken care of it all!
- 19th century Sicilian farmhouse accommodations
- transportation to & from the airport
- all delicious & fresh organic Italian meals
- daily yoga & meditation
- all group coaching and workshops (option to add private coaching at an additional cost)
- all excursions including: exploring medieval towns, wine tasting under the stars, splashing in the Mediterranean, wandering narrow cobblestone streets, and more!
- You’ll need to purchase round-trip tickets from the airport of your choice to Catania Airport (CTA) that arrives by early afternoon on Saturday, May 13
- Return Date: please select your return flight for Saturday, May 20, preferably sometime after 11am
- When you arrive in Catania on May 13, a driver holding a sign with your name will be waiting outside the airport for you to take you on a beautiful drive to La Masseria (about an hour from the airport)
- We will gather your flight information as soon as you have it, to arrange drivers etc
- To enter Italy, US Citizens must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after entry
- No COVID test is required to enter, or upon re-entry into the United States
$3,250.00 – $4,999.00
everything must be paid in full by May 1, 2023
limited financial aid available
limited financial aid available
the yoga underground leads the most stress-free, life-changing, adventure-filled retreats all over the world. we seek novelty in color, flavor, eudaimonia and design, all to develop new perspectives and enhance our shared human experience. read what our retreaters have to say!